NOTIFICATION AND CONSENT OF TREATMENT OF PERSONAL DATA
ACCORDING TO ART. 13 OF EU REGULATION GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) – N. 679/2016 – 27 APRIL 2016 and authorization for publication
This notification is issued according to art. 13 of EU Regulation GDPR 2016/679 of April 27, 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and in compliance with the legislation on the processing of personal data, as well as on the free movement of such data.
The London College of Fashion, UAL, located at 272 High Holborn, London WC1V 7EY (switchboard 020 7514 6000) is recognised as a data controller under the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018 (referred hereafter as London College of Fashion, UAL or as the Data Controller) would like to provide you with the following information about the processing of your personal data in relation to the registration to DeFINE: The Fashion-Technology Showcase organized by London College of Fashion, UAL a partner in the DeFINE project and referred hereafter also as DeFINE event.
DeFINE (Developing a Fashion-tech Innovation Network for Europe) is a three year (2018 – 2021) collaborative project co-funded by the European Commission’s COSME programme which aims to support the fusion of cutting-edge technologies and innovation into the European fashion and design industries.
The processing of your personal data will be based on principles of correctness, lawfulness and transparency, and will be implemented protecting your privacy, your rights and fundamental freedoms, in compliance with current legislation on the security and protection of personal data.
1. Data controller and contact
London College of Fashion, UAL, Emily Webster – email@example.com
2. Internal responsible person
Internal responsible person:
Kate Smith – London College of Fashion, UAL Project Manager for DeFINE
The data will be processed by other authorized subjects and for this purpose instructed in compliance with current legislation.
3. Responsible of personal data protection and contact point
Kastur Kerai, contactable at firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Purposes of processing, legal basis, data categories and storage period
You will participate in the DeFINE: Fashion-Technology Showcase and related activities carried out by DeFINE project.
For the purposes of the application of European and national legislation on the matter (EU Regulation 679/2016, from now on Regulation), we inform you that:
- your personal data requested in the application form, i.e., First Name, Last Name, Email, Work Information (Job Title, Organisation Name) have the following purposes:
- the correct and complete provision of the relationship concerning the DeFINE event service and the event attendance (including the event online platform and ticketing system Hopin: for more information, please follow https://hopin.com/privacy) between you and the Data Controller and the online platform and ticketing system or between the company you are employed and Data Controller and the online platform and ticketing system.
- the fulfilment of obligations under the law, regulations or community regulations, as well as instructions given by authorities or bodies authorized to do so.
- Name, Surname, E-mail will be used to contact you for the evaluation of the DeFINE event.
- To provide and maintain our Service;
- To notify you about changes to our Service;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our event;
- To provide support;
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service;
- To monitor the usage of our Service;
- Your images and name, when you interact with the session (in film, audio and/or writing ), interviews (in film, audio or both), and photographs taken during the DeFINE event will be used for non-commercial purposes, including the promotion of DeFINE’s and EBN’s institutional activities.
- Your Name, company, and position, may be displayed on the event platform (Hopin) to unable other participants to connect with you. You may choose at any moment to hide this information.
The legal basis of the treatment is the execution of relationship concerning the participation of the DeFINE Event and the necessity to fulfil legal and administrative obligations. The legal basis of the treatment is the consent (Article 6(1)(a) of the Regulation) for the successful execution and expected impact of the project. In particular, the following table details the purpose for each kind of personal data and storage period.
TABLE 1: Purposes of the processing of personal data.
|Legal basis of the treatment||Categories of personal data being processed||Period of retention of personal data||Categories of recipients|
Complete provision of the relationship concerning the DeFINE event service and the fulfilment of obligations under the law, regulations or community regulations
|Execution of the DeFINE project (Article 6(1)(a) of the Regulation) and specific authorization required||· Name,
· Job Title,
· Organisation Name,
|Stored until the completion of all the project obligations after the project end, i.e., until 2026. The project end is in 2021 plus five years of obligations.||London College of Fashion, UAL and third parties belonging, as an example, to the following categories: other organizations belonging to DeFINE project, Fashion Technology Accelerator, speakers, external collaborators, event & ticketing platform, consultants and the European Union.|
For the evaluation of the event
|Execution of the DeFINE project (Article 6(1)(a) of the Regulation)||· Name
· Number, type of interactions and with whom you interacted
|Stored until the completion of all the project obligations after the project end, i.e., until 2026.||University of the Arts London based in the UK, partner of DeFINE project, may contact you to have your opinion about the event.|
Promotion of DeFINE event and project activities of DeFINE project,
Institutional use for EBN and DeFINE including teaching, dissemination and educational activities such as competitions, paper publications and institutional websites, etc.
|Execution of the DeFINE project (Article 6(1)(a) of the Regulation)||· filming (in film, audio or both),
· interviews (in film, audio or both),
|Stored without any limitation of time||Published and disseminated (both contextual and subsequent to the event activity), making it available to the public – through any communication channels|
5. Nature of data provision
In general, failure to communicate and / or refusal to provide the personal data outlined above will make it impossible to take part in the DeFINE event.
6. Rights of the data subject
The data subject can exercise the rights provided for in the EU Regulation set out below:
- access right [art. 15 of the EU Regulation] (being informed about the processing of their Personal Data and obtain a copy);
- modify their Personal Data [art. 16 of the EU Regulation] (the data subject can modify inaccurate personal data);
- delete Personal Data without delay (“right to be forgotten”) [art. 17 of the EU Regulation] (the data subject can delete their data);
- limit the processing of their Personal Data in the cases provided for by art. 18 of the EU Regulation, including unlawful processing or objection regarding the Personal Data accuracy [art. 18 of the EU Regulation];
- oppose the processing of their Personal Data [art. 21 of the EU Regulation] (the data subject can oppose the processing of their personal data);
- not to be subject to automated decision-making [Article 22 of the EU Regulation] (the data subject can refuse to be subject to a decision based on automated processing).
Further information about data subject rights can be obtained on https://autoriteprotectiondonnees.be/citoyen.
Under art. 19 of the EU Regulation, London College of Fashion, UAL informs personal data recipients, of any corrections, deletion or processing limitations, where possible.
The data subject can withdraw the consent for identification and personal data processing by sending an email to: email@example.com
Under Article 7 of the EU Regulation, the consent withdrawal does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent given before its withdrawal.
7. Right to lodge a complaint with the Guarantor.
The User is informed that he has the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority.
Rue de la Presse, 35, 1000 Bruxelles
8. Possible consequences of failure to provide data
The data processing consent for the above purposes is free and optional. However, any refusal will make it impossible for the Data controller to carry out the purpose-related services.
9. Processing and profiling method
Personal data will be processed in physical and electronic format and entered in the relevant databases which may be accessed by data controller-appointed employees as internal data processors and persons in charge of processing. They may consult, use, process, align and carry out any other operation, including automated, under legal provisions necessary to ensure the data confidentiality, security, accuracy, updating and purpose-related relevance.
For purpose 1 and 2, your data will be collected throughout through Hopin and processed by London College of Fashion, UAL. You can read Hopin information about GDPR here: https://hopin.com/privacy. Hopin Limited, You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk) or to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
For purpose 3, we inform you that DeFINE event can be the subject of video and audio-video recordings. These data, including images, filming and audio / video recordings (hereinafter, the “Images”), even in partial and / or modified or adapted form, taken during the event, will be treated in full respect of the GDPR. These Images will be taken also with the aid of electronic means by also by internal or external London College of Fashion, UAL authorized persons specifically instructed for this task. These Images will be processed, also with the aid of electronic means also by authorized person specifically instructed for data processing, for the dissemination and communication activities of the DeFINE project and of London College of Fashion, UAL. The images collected will be stored, also in electronic form and on any technological support for the purposes and within the limits defined above and may be disseminated pursuant to Law n. 150/2000 on the www.define-network.eu platform as well as through social network channels (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube by way of example, but not exhaustive). The use of images does not give right to any compensation. London College of Fashion, UAL has the right to access or disclose the user’s Images without any consent, by reason of the art. 97 of law n. 633/1941. This authorization implies the granting of a non-exclusive license, without limits of duration and for the whole world, transferable to third parties, for the use of the Materials and includes the rights set forth in articles from 12 to 19 of the law of 22 April 1941, n. 633, including without limitation: publication rights; right of reproduction in any way or form; right of transcription, assembly, adaptation, processing and reduction; right of communication and distribution to the public, including the rights of projection, transmission and dissemination also in summary and/or reduced version, by any technical means, the right to keep a copy of the Materials, also in electronic form and on any known technological support or future invention for the purposes and within the limits defined above.
It is in any case excluded any use of the Images that could harm the honour, reputation or decorum of the person portrayed, taken or recorded
10. Amendments and updates
This policy is valid from the date indicated in the header. London College of Fashion, UAL may amend or supplement this policy after any regulatory later modifications or additions.
11. Consent and authorization for publications
By clicking on the checkbox on the Event registration page on Hopin, I freely and fully consent the treatment of my personal data accordingly to the purposes set in the above notification.
Updated notice on 22/11/2019.
I understand that I have the rights to withdraw my consent at any time. The consent withdrawal does not prejudice the lawfulness of the data treatment based on consent before the withdrawal. The consent is revoked with the same ease with which it is granted.