Investment Tips for Fashion and Fashion-Tech Ventures – DeFINE Webinar
In this webinar, Thierry Baujard, founder and CEO of pan-European investment network Media Deals, discusses investment tips and strategies for fashion and fashion-tech start-ups and SMEs. The webinar covers a range of topics, including advice on creating the perfect pitch deck, what investors are looking for and how to make yourself and your venture stand out to an investor.
Thierry answered some of the most shared questions among the DeFINE Community members:
- Are co-founders more investible than a sole founder?
- What do potential investors want to see in a pitch deck?
- What are the differences between a presentation deck and a pitch deck?
- What key elements does an investor evaluate in regards to hardware start-ups, if there is no data or sales history available?
- If investors want to see between 5 and 20 times return on early-stage companies, how does a start-up define its Business Model in a competitive niche market and still grow at the required rate to be an “investable” business?
- When is the right time to take on investment, considering equity dilution for (co-)founders? Is it really inevitable?
- Is it better to raise the minimum required to grow step by step, develop the product/service, and get more customers and references, or to be very ambitions and raise as much as possible based on Business Plan potentials?
- How can investors evaluate a company in a market that is yet to exit?
- What tips do you have for finding small investments, such as love money, before seed investments?
- What details count when evaluating a company for love money?
- What are your personal investment criteria when dealing with Fashion-Tech companies?
- How is COVID-19 pandemy changing investment strategies and interest in Fashion-Tech companies?
- Do you have any suggesrions on what Fashion-Tech start-ups can do during COVID-19 pandemy?
- What recommendations do you have for Fashion-tech companies, in terms of investment strategy?
- How can companies find investors, look at their portofolio and understand if they are tight for them?
- What are the differences between United States and Europe, in terms of investment strategies?
Who is Thierry Baujard?
Thierry has 20+ years of experience in the communications and entertainment industries. After graduating in Paris he worked in London as a business consultant for entertainment companies and telecom operators, then in France and Germany in business development for Vivendi, and then for ARTE in Strasbourg. Thierry then completed an MBA at Bocconi University in Milan, Italy and at UCLA in Los Angeles, where he specialized in film financing and e-commerce. For Media Deals, Thierry is in charge of developing the investment network across Europe and managing the network’s Investment Forums, which regularly bring mediatech companies and investors together for pitching sessions. With regard to this, he supports the network’s investors in identifying investment opportunities and in carrying out due diligence with a focus on cross-border transactions and exit strategies.