DeFINE Forum 2021: Speed Up and Scale Fashion-Tech in Europe
DeFINE Forum 2021 is an interactive event designed to speed up and scale fashion-tech startups in Europe, led by the European Business and Innovation Centre Network (EBN).
A conference for innovators, incubators, financiers and game-changers in the fashion-tech space, DeFINE Forum 2021 is challenging the status quo by bringing, to the forefront, the opportunity to connect with progressive fashion-tech startups and explore strategies and ideas from experts in this space.
Driven to challenge, connect, and create, the DeFINE Forum 2021: Speed up and Scale Fashion-Tech in Europe conference will be taking place on 29th April 2021 in the virtual events platform Hopin.
In the morning, the DeFINE Forum 2021 will explore the latest innovation and market trends in Fashion-Tech. Sessions will discuss:
- The crossovers between community and Fash-tech innovations
- How new technologies (e.g. AI, VR, novel fabrics, 3D printing) are reshaping how our clothes are designed, manufactured, marketed and distributed
- The technological challenges and market opportunities for European fashion-tech startups
- How startups are paving the way for innovation and new business models in the fashion industry
The afternoon sessions will examine the best set of tools for supporting Fashion-tech start-ups, with a special focus on the support provided by incubators, accelerators, and policymakers (at a national and EU level). Sessions will discuss:
- The key tools, services and equipment available: best practices in supporting fashion-tech startups
- Views of incubators and accelerators on existing mentoring tools
- Access to finance and investment trends in fashion-tech
- The importance of innovation & business support communities for the future of fashion-tech entrepreneurship
- The vision of the EU for the fashion-tech industry
- How a sustainable fashion industry contributes to a European green deal
Who Should Attend
The DeFINE Forum 2021 is designed for accelerators, hubs, and clusters. Start-ups, SMEs, as well as fashion and technology professionals would also benefit from attending the event.
All DeFINE events are free to register.
- 10.30 - 11.00
- Welcome Ceremony
Speakers:Jorge Pimenta (IPN, EBN), Muchaneta Kapfunde (FashNerd), Paola Bertola (Polimi), Silvia Draghi (European Commission)
- 11.00 - 11.30
- Explore the future of fashion-tech: A conversation with the Fashion Innovation Agency, London College of Fashion
- From the fabrics used in garment manufacturing to creating a sustainable supply chain, technological advancements reshape how clothes are designed, manufactured, marketed, and distributed. With technologies like AI, VR, intelligent textiles, and 3D printing dictating market trends and bringing unfathomable change to the fashion industry, which innovations should businesses looking to make a tremendous difference adopt?
Speakers:Costas Kazantzis (Fashion Innovation Agency at London College of Fashion), Jorge Pimenta (IPN, EBN), Moin Roberts Islam (Fashion Innovation Agency at London College of Fashion)
- 11.30 - 12.30
- Challenges and growth opportunities of European fashion-tech companies
- When it comes to the growth of the fashion-tech sector in Europe, innovation has brought much-needed improvements to the fashion industry. Although some of the technology is relatively still at the early stage, some fashion businesses can, through experimentation or knowledge-sharing, still reap some real growth opportunities from the new technologies. As European inventors, groundbreakers, and pioneers of tomorrow continue to drive forward the fusion of cutting-edge technologies with fashion with their fresh perspective, what are the challenges and the benefits of investing in these innovations?
Speakers:Archibald Charlet (LVMH), Erik Bang (H&M Foundation), Fredrik Timour (Swedish Fashion Council), Muchaneta Kapfunde (FashNerd), Natalija Krasnoperova (Studio Hilo), Sara Diaz (Studio Hilo)
- 14.00 - 14.30
- DeFINE: Explore the fashion-tech ecosystem
- The Fashion-tech Ecosystem has been invented to nurture an idea until it becomes a viable product. Made up of labs, incubators and accelerators, how does this unique ecosystem encourage and support new innovative fashion businesses slowly disrupt the fashion system?
Speakers:Christian Kunz (Plug and Play Brand and Retail), Fabio Montagnino (Cyprus Institute, EBN), Giusy Cannone (Fashion Technology Accelerator), Muchaneta Kapfunde (FashNerd)
- 14.30 - 15.30
- Is there a need for a tailored business coaching for fashion-tech startups?
- Navigating through the volatile fashion-tech space can require a tailored approach built on advice and guidance. Many transformative ideas have become great through support, mentoring and coaching from experts from the fashion industry and startup scenes. Which opportunities are available to fashion-tech startups hoping to formulate their goal so they can move forward?
Speakers:Chiara Colombi (Polimi), Giusy Cannone (Fashion Technology Accelerator), Jan Karlsson (FreyZein Outerwear), Lars Mattiasson (xPlot platform), Simon Hjelte (Ink Boras)
- 15.45 - 16.45
- Impact of EU innovation policies and vision for fashion-tech communities
- When it comes to EU innovation policies, it is time to devise a new vision for fashion-tech communities that matches the challenges of the 21st century. Exploring the importance of innovation and business support for fashion-tech communities, the conversation will focus on the key drivers in the ecosystem, public-private policies at regional, EU levels and how EU innovation policies play an increasingly important role in shaping Europe’s fashion-tech future.
Speakers:Esther Peñalver (BIC Murcia, EBN), Lisa Lang (Euratex), Mauro Sampellegrini (Sistema Moda Italia), Paola Bertola (Polimi), Piedad Rivas (EISMEA - European Commission), Silvia Draghi (European Commission)